The Aquarium of the Institute presents various recirculation systems with a total volume of 1500 liters, maintained an average of 500 fishes, of which 200 specimens represent the group of reproducers. Current production is 150,000 embryos/year that serve as raw material for the different research lines.
- Design, construction, installation and consultancy in systems for the cultivation of aquatic species.
- Technical direction and production management in already installed aquarium systems.
- Consultancy and advice.
- Production of fishes and embryos: Zebrafish (Danio rerio).
- Training of Human Resources.
- Sebastián Graziatti
The IBR has two cell culture rooms equipped with its own CO2 incubator, type II biological safety cabinet, centrifuges and refrigerators. The sector has the capacity to maintain parasites and bacterial pathogenesis assays under optimal biosafety conditions.
- Maintenance, preservation and expansion of the cell lines.
- Search for new cell lines.
- Selection, maintenance and expansion of clones.
- Search and development of new techniques.
- Equipment maintenance and cleaning of the area.
- Assist new users through training and help with the search of information.
- Dolores Campos
The institute has a scanning confocal microscope NIKON TE2000-E with a head eclise C1-si. 3 optical microscopes -2, 1 direct and 2 inverted–magnifiers. All instruments–microscopes and magnifiers–can perform work in both bright field and epi–fluorescence.
- Management team during image acquisition.
- Analysis and processing of digital images.
Technical assistance in the use of optical instruments and software for capturing and processing images.
- Maintenance of equipment.
- Training and teaching courses.
- Management of NMS shift system.
- Rodrigo Vena
- Enrique Morales
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
The IBR has a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer (NMR) Bruker Avance III of 600 MHZ and during 2014 a new one of 700 MHZ will be installed.
- General maintenance of the NMR.
- Collaboration in the development of research projects.
- Attendance, participation and of exposure of training seminars.
- Alejandro Gago
- Andrea Coscia
The institute has several plant room chambers that cover 200 m2.
- Growth of tobacco, Arabidopsis, Nicotiana, tomato and citrus.
- Care and handling of transgenic lines.
- Maintenance of seeds, sowing, classification, transplant, etc .
- Diego Aguirre